Sunday 24 March 2013

Transition 1 to 2!

Rambling here goes!

I am loving being a mum to 2 but I have to admit the transition from mum of 1 to mum of 2 has been far from smooth.  I found being mum of one easy and was able to take it all in my stride.  The early days were great, long lie ins no real commitments. Then the school runs started and getting my son and I ready was a little of a struggle, NOW it's gone from manageable to manic!

Getting out the door in the mornings needs a lot of planning, getting my son ready and my daughter up, fed and changed, it usually ends up with delays and things occur that make even the most smoothly running mornings turn into chaos!

I am quite open on the fact that mornings and I are not best of friends.  I enjoy nothing more than a lie in, though to be honest I cannot remember the last time I managed to sleep fully beyond 8am.  Night feeds are still on my agenda and I think they will continue for a little while.  My daughter is almost 4 months old and Breast fed, which I love, I enjoy the bond we have though at times I do feel exhausted and drained from all the energy it takes to feed her.  She is a healthy chubby baby, though I seem to spend the majority of my day with her attached to me, which means I have less quality time to spend with my son.

When my daughter was born my son was great, he was mesmerized and enjoyed spending time with us all.  Now the novelty has begun to wore off, he occassionally makes comments that make us realise that he is a little jealous and at times he has played up on either myself or my husband.  We are lucky in the fact that the little streak of jealousy has not made him resent his sister as I have heard stories of children being jealous and placing siblings into dangerous situations.  I am just lucky that he is a caring little boy and although he plays up he loves his sister and is very protective!

I am looking forward to watching my son grow into a a young man, and a big brother, and I am loving every day watching him grow and change.

I am looking forward to watching my daughter grow from baby to girl to young woman and as I see her every day she is growing and her personality is developing.  As much as I long to see her as a toddling girl I would love to be able to press pause and just savor her as she is now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment